What you need:
- 1 piece black construction paper
- 1 piece white construction paper
- scrap of orange construction paper
- glue stick
- tacky glue
- 2 googly eyes
How to make it:
- Place your hand with fingers closed on the piece of black construction paper. Trace around your hand with a pencil. Cut along your pencil line. This will be the body for the penguin.
- Place your child’s hand with fingers closed on the piece of black construction paper. Trace around his/her hand with a pencil. Cut along your pencil line. Repeat this step to make two wings for your penguin.
- Trace your child’s closed hand on the white construction paper and cut out. This will be the penguin’s tummy.
- Cut out an orange triangle for the beak.
- Using the glue stick, glue the wings, tummy and beak in place. I let my daughter go wild with the glue stick, and then helped her place the parts to make it look like a penguin.
- Use the tacky glue to add the eyes. I put down the dabs of glue and let Anna place the eyes.
We went a step further to turn this into a Father’s Day card. We glued the penguin to a blue piece of construction paper that had been folded in half. We added “Happy Father’s Day” and my daughter added some doodles to turn it into a Father’s Day card.