My son has been playing “puppets” with things that aren’t really puppets for a few days, so yesterday I suggested we make some puppets of people that he knows. We didn’t have a lot of time to make complicated puppets, so we made these ones that are really easy and fast.
- constructions paper
- something round to trace
- Popsicle sticks
- yarn scraps
Here’s how to make them:
- Fold your paper in half.
- Place your “circle” (we used the bottom of a large glass) on the paper and trace.
- Cut out your circle through both layers. This gives you two identical circles (and blew my 4 year old’s mind): one for the face and one for the back of the head.
- Draw your face on one of the circles.
- Put glue all the way around the edge of the other circle. Attach cut pieces of yarn for hair and attach the popsicle stick. These get sandwiched between the two circles.
- Press the face piece down on top of the popsicle, hair and back piece.
Voila! You can now enjoy endless hours of puppet shows 🙂